Love Your Zoo Campaign
Love Your Zoo 2017
Love Your Zoo week is a nationwide event organised to coincide with May half-term week where our members are able to promote the important work they do with regards to conservation, education and research. This year the annual campaign runs from Saturday, 27 May to Sunday, 4 June and our participating zoos, aquariums, wildlife and safari parks are offering a range of fun-filled activities to suit all ages.
A full list of participants for this year can be found below.
Watch this space for more information on this years' events...
Reasons to love your BIAZA zoo or aquarium
• Leisure: More than 23 million people visit BIAZA’s member organisations every year – they offer a great day out for everyone.
• Education: More than 1.3 million people come to BIAZA member organisations each year on an organised educational visit – they offer a safe and fun way to learn about animals.
• Research: BIAZA members participate in 700 research projects every year, many of these measuring behaviour with the aim of improving animal welfare – your visit helps us learn about helping wildlife.
• Conservation: BIAZA members participate in more than 500 conservation projects every year.
• Funding: Offering a secure funding stream, BIAZA members contribute about £11millon a year to field conservation projects.
• Economy: BIAZA members contribute over £650 million to the national economy.
• Safeguarding wildlife: By visiting BIAZA zoos and aquariums you are helping to safeguard the future of vulnerable, threatened and endangered species.
• Engaging with wildlife: You can see more than 2,000 different species of animals.